Google Plus, Facebook, Pintrest, MySpace, forums, and all the other various social media, I am not a great fan of them to be honest, I would rather visit the website of the woodworker (or who ever). While I use them to show them I will be honest I use them to get people to visit my sites.
Now don’t get me wrong I have nothing against them just not a great fan of them, but over the years on one of my other sites www.southernrider.co.nz I have noticed that a drop in visitors because of the other social media sites, so as said above I use them them to get visitors back to my site.
I do, or shall I say Wacky Wood Works does use various media sites including Pintrest. I have no idea how to use it or to get followers etc. I use Facebook the most for both sites. WWW & SR. (Site is no longer) and I mainly use Facebook because family and friends.
Now why am I not a big fan of such social media sites.
- Most of these sites are driven by profit and forget about their user base security & privacy.
- They become too big which makes it harder for you to find what you are looking for. Too many people too much information. Information over load, especially when 90% of it is crap.
- You on-share the info with your friends or followers unless you change your settings risking a security on some sites (not all mind you)
- Facebook is riddled with various virus filled aplications and scams. (including the adverts from Facebook.)
- Facebook in particular I get sick of reading all the BS and FTW and cry me a river posts.
- Chain-letter-style apps, I get sick and tired of seeing these. The are not real and are scams.
- The constant changing of layouts and tying to keep up with other sites making it harder for users to find their way around.
- The constant Pseudo game apps like ‘Ninjas Vs. Zombies’; what are we, like, six-years old? I don’t want to play your stupid game.
- Reading the same post from different uses over and over and over as your friends share the same image or post.
- Fake accounts. In August 2012, Facebook revealed that more than 83 million Facebook accounts (8.7% of total users) are fake accounts. These fake profiles consist of duplicate profiles, accounts for spamming purposes and personal profiles for business, organization or non-human entities such as pets